The Honourable Member for Lunenburg, Suzanne Lohnes-Croft – Deputy Speaker
A long-time resident of Mahone Bay,Suzanne attended the “old” Mahone Bay School, and later Mount Saint Vincent University, Halifax. As an Early Childhood Educator, She taught at Point Pleasant Child Care Centre and the Mount Saint Vincent Child Study Centre. In 1989, she returned to Mahone Bay with her husband Ken and together they raised their three sons Dan, Sam and Jake in rural Nova Scotia. Suzanne and Ken are also grandparents to their grandaughters Roni and Rosie.
Over the years, Suzanne has taught Nursery School and has served as a Library Clerk/Story Teller. Presently, she is on leave as a Program Support Assistant for the South Shore Regional School Board.
In 2010 she received a provincial volunteer award recognizing her years of service to the community and beyond. In 2010 she also received the Representative Volunteer award for the Town of Mahone Bay/Province of Nova Scotia.
Suzanne has served as the MLA for Lunenburg since October 2013.
Services in the community
- Chair, Town of Mahone Bay Sustainability Steering Committee
- Secretary, Board of Directors, Mahone Bay Centre
- Chair, Church Council, Trinity United Church, Mahone Bay
- Director, Mahone Bay Tennis Club
- President, Home & School, Bayview Community School
- Committee Member, Mahone Bay Seniors Project
- Member-at-large of the Three Churches Foundation
- Human Resources (Vice Chair)
- Public Accounts
- Law Amendments
Health Committee (Vice Chair)
Natural Resources and Economic Development (Chair)
Address in Reply to the Speech from the Throne
62nd General Assembly, Third Session
Dated: Oct. 18, 2016